Call for Immediate Appointments at any of our locations!
- Physical Therapists are highly trained to meet your specific needs.
At Excel Rehabilitation, we take a hands on exercise-based approach
to rehabilitation that addresses muscular imbalances, biomechanics, stabilization, strength, flexibility and balance. In addition, manual therapy techniques are implemented as appropriate to address structural and soft tissue needs.
- Each patient will be given a thorough evaluation and then an individualized treatment plan is developed to suit their specific needs.
- We believe in giving the patient responsibility for their therapy by implementing a home exercise and management program as soon as is appropriate
- At each visit the patient will be treated by the same group of therapists thus providing continuity in treatment.
- Written evaluations & progress summaries are produced for your doctor in a timely manner.
Services we provide:
- Sports & orthopedic injuries
- Pre/post-surgical programs
- Aquatic Therapy (Traverse City)
- In Home therapy
- Adaptive equipment fitting & training
- Athletic Training Services
Treatment plans can include:
- Home exercise programs
- Patient education
- Open & closed kinetic chain exercises
- Flexibility training
- Functional activities
- Sports-specific programs
- Stabilization programs
- Balance & gait training
- Manual therapy
Our Occupational Therapist specializes in hand therapy. They will provide treatment to:
- Increase ROM, strength and functional use
- Decrease edema
- Decrease hypersensitivity or provide sensory re-education
- Increase fine motor skills or dexterity
- Decrease deformity/poor positioning
- Decrease numbness
- Provide custom splinting to immobilize/protect/support
Treatments often seen in a patient's plan of care include:
- Stretching & strengthening
- Patient education and joint protection
- Sensory re-education
- Adaptive equipment
- Joint mobilization
- Manual traction
- Electrical stimulation, ultrasound, & iontophoresis